Exploring: New Orleans
I've been to New Orleans a million times but this past July was the first trip I took there to explore the art of the city. The photo compilation below was shot by yours truly and also TENTILLNINE photography. Next time you're in New Orleans and if you haven't been to the places listed below check them out, they are full of the culture of the city and you'll catch the vibe especially if it's your first time in NOLA.
1. Studio Be: This place is mind blowing, period. The artist behind all this is Brandon "Bmike" Odums and the premise behind Studio Be was to showcase original artwork in a 35,000 sq. foot warehouse. Check out the entire story here.
2. If you haven't been to Frenchman Street after hours it is lit, ok! There is a strip of shops and bars and also an art garage that showcases a ton of local vendors.
3. Snapped a picture of a cute bicycle on the corner of Frenchman Street.
4. Blue Nile Live Music Club: If you love live music Blue Nile is a soulful spot to stop into from Frenchman Street. There is a DJ on hand but a live show almost every night.
5. Crepes at the French Market: Listen, these were the best crepes I've had in my life, I still think of them often. The French Market is in Jackson Square by the Original Cafe Du Monde. I had the strawberry and creme cheese crepe as a dessert but the choices are endless. The crepes were from The Crepe Cart, a pop-up food truck.
6. Jimmy J's Cafe: I stopped here for brunch and it was a funky little spot with Jazz inspired art. Of course, the food was bomb.
7. Another shot of the Frenchman Street Art Garage.
8. The Saint Philip Hotel: This is a snap of the foyer of the Saint Philip, which is where I stayed on the trip. The Saint Philip Hotel is very quirky and is in the style of an apartment building located in the French Quarter.
9. I used NOLA Cycles to take a bike tour around the city. Honestly, the tour didn't last long and I ended up at the casino enjoying a cocktail (or two) after realizing that riding a bike in traffic is much harder to do than I thought.
10. The Swamp is always a good time located right on Bourbon Street. I have tons of memories of my friends trying to conquer riding "The Swamp Thang" mechanical bull.
11 & 12. More details of the Frenchman Street Market.